Lisa attended college at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana, where she majored in Political Science and International Relations. Subsequent to graduating from Tulane University, she attended the William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration at the University of Rochester, where she graduated with a Master of Business Administration. Lisa worked in various corporate positions for several years prior to obtaining a law degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo Law School.
Her past experience provides a unique and varied perspective for her clients. Lisa is an experienced advocate having worked both for the Court as a law clerk for Honorable William M. Skretny, United States District Court, Western District of New York in Buffalo, and having appeared before both State and Federal Court while associated with a well-known general practice firm in Rochester.
Most recently, Lisa served as In-House Counsel for a New York State-affiliated transportation agency where she was responsible for a variety of areas while serving as corporate counsel, including corporate governance, regulatory matters, general liability and claims handling, in addition to management of the agency’s legal department. This work, combined with her previous corporate management experience, provides a unique perspective for handling a variety of business matters.
Lisa formed her own practice so she could return to what she enjoys – counseling individual clients with regard to everyday matters. Whether in need of a Will, purchasing or selling your home, or if you find yourself involved in a business-related or personal litigated matter, do not hesitate to contact Lisa Berrittella for an individual and personalized consultation.
Practice AreasThe Law Office of Lisa G. Berrittella, PLLC is a Rochester-based general practice law firm that represents individuals and businesses in Rochester and the surrounding geographical areas.
Civil Litigation →
Commercial Litigation →
Real Estate →
Estate Planning →
Businesses & Corporations →
Per Diem Services →
- New York – 2005
- United States District Court, Western District of New York – 2005
- Juris Doctor – State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law
- Master of Business Administration – William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Rochester
- Bachelor of Arts – Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association – Member
- Monroe County Bar Association – Member
- Executive Committee Member, New York State Bar Association, Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section – 2008-2013
- SAATHI of Rochester – Board of Directors, Member – 2009-2013
- University at Buffalo Alumni Association (“UBAA”) – Board of Directors, Member – 2010-2012
- Risk and Insurance Management Society Member (“RIMS”) – Upstate New York Chapter – Member, 2010-2012
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (“NITA”) Graduate – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – November, 2008
Honors & Awards
- SuperLawyers Upstate New York – 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- SuperLawyers Upstate New York Rising Stars – 2015
- SAATHI Service Award of Recognition – 2010
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year Award – New York State Bar Association, Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section – 2009
- Chairperson for the New York State Bar Association seminar “Law School for Claims Professionals” – Syracuse, New York – September 2011
- Overall Planning Chairperson for the Section Meeting of the New York State Bar Association, Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section Meeting – Orlando, Florida October 2010
- Chairperson for the New York State Bar Association seminar “Law School for Claims Professionals” – Syracuse, New York – September 2010
- Overall Statewide Planning Chairperson for the New York State Bar Association seminar “Law School for Claims Professionals” – October 2009
- Overall Statewide Planning Coordinator for the New York State Bar Association seminar “Law School for Claims Professionals” – September 2008